[AMRadio] band plan

Mike Sawyer w3slk at verizon.net
Wed Oct 30 23:18:19 EDT 2013

That's a shame Jim. There was a time when I could work Idaho with a barefoot
Ranger. The antenna was nothing more than a cloud warmer 545' loop up about
30'. I usually do not stray much about 75M anymore and I'm waiting for the
winter to settle the weather for less QRN on the band. Hell, for grins,
Duane, KK4AM and I ran FM on 160 a time or 2. It was neat but there was some
phase distortion but different. Hell I think I cranked up the amp and ran
1500 watts on FM.
Joe and I did some experimenting on the 4th of July during the last sunspot
cycle just to see what effect it had. We still were able to have reliable
communications in the middle of the day even when the band had it most
absorption going on.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK