[AMRadio] band plan

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 06:38:47 EDT 2013

I don't want to discourage anyone from trying, but here in town, the
noise floor is high enough so that some power and a halfway decent
transmitting antenna (usually inverted L, T, shunt fed or base fed hot
tower with a lot of radials) on the station I'm working is nice.  One
problem may be that 160 at night doesn't start to get good until after
9 p.m. local time, which is when a lot of hams seem to hit the hay
now.  I must admit that on weeknights I can't stay up real late
either.   But earlier, a cloud burner and 100 watt rig will often do
you okay as long as you don't try to work someone more than 150 to 200
miles away.

Rob
K5UJ