[AMRadio] IARU REGION 2 BANDPLAN

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 06:54:47 EDT 2013

Steve, if you had simply added your name and call sign originally,
there would have never been a problem.  12 additional characters.  How
hard was that?  I, like most I think, regard unsigned email the way I
regard an unidentified radio transmission.   To expect anyone to reply
(admittedly others may have different standards) to an unsigned
message, is not very courteous.    You also have to look at this in
general, from folks on the receiving end.   When someone sends
something unidentified, I have no idea who they are, what their agenda
is,  and if they are apparently unwilling to stand by their statement
with an identification, the veracity of what they are saying.    I
usually just delete and ignore these messages; in your case I
mentioned that there was a problem (but you continued to not provide a
mail signature adding to my suspicion).   Think about what
communications would be like, on the internet, as well as on the
radio, if everything were unidentified.  Maybe I am a stick in the mud
but I consider anything unsigned to not be very polite.

73

Rob
K5UJ