[AMRadio] IARU REGION 2 BANDPLAN

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 12:46:51 EDT 2013

If you go to networksolutions.com and do a whois search on www.iaru.org you get:

Registrant Name: The International Amateur Radio Union
Registrant Organization: The International Amateur Radio Union
Registrant Street: PO Box 310905
Registrant City: Newington
Registrant State: CT
Registrant Postal Code: 06131-0905
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: 860-594-0200
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: 999 999 9999
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: IT Department, ARRL
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 225 Main Street
Admin City: Newington
Admin State: CT
Admin Postal Code: 06111
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: 860-594-0200
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: support at arrl.net
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: IT Department, ARRL
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 225 Main Street
Tech City: Newington
Tech State: CT
Tech Postal Code: 06111
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: 860-594-0200
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: support at arrl.net

I'd say now we know what's really going on here.  And this:

>The IARU is recognized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
>as the representative of the interests of radio amateurs throughout the
>world. It is their voice in the offices and meeting rooms of the ITU and
>regional telecommunications organizations, where the decisions affecting
>our future access to the radio spectrum are made.

should read in part:  ....representative of the interests of the ARRL...

Rob
K5UJ