Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Oct 31 19:34:54 EDT 2013

From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk at verizon.net>

>>Hmmmm, I just came across a very interesting observation. I went to the
IARU website. When I scrolled to the bottom of the page, I came to the
"Contact"
information and this is their address:
The International Amateur Radio Union
P.O. Box 310905
Newington, Connecticut 06131-0905
U.S.A

Just kind of interesting and coincidental I guess?
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK >>

As I understand it, the IARU (International Amateur Radio Union) is an
umbrella organisation made up  of the national amateur radio societies of
all the individual nations.  Sort of a "union" that represents ARRL, RSGB,
REF, Radio Amateurs of Canada and the rest, purportedly to promote amateur
radio interests worldwide. I think ARRL may have started it back in the mid
20s or at least played a major role in its formation, and they have always
taken the leadership role.

The IARU is only advisory in nature, nothing official, and pretty much has
the same relationship to the ITU as the ARRL does to the FCC.

http://www.iaru.org/

Don k4kyv