[AMRadio] Large Solar Flare

Don Merz via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Fri Apr 25 14:08:06 EDT 2014

This will get exceptionally interesting really soon. The accepted life of the early optical disks is 30 years and we are already there. The amount of stuff that is about to be lost is frightening. OTOH, it's no worse than the knowledge we have lost by letting NASA go to pot. If we absolutely had to go back to the moon for some reason, we would have to reinvent the whole thing. The technology and records are all destroyed and the people are all dead or about to be.

Meanwhile, DOD sits there with about 1,000 researchers working on new tanks! WTF do those people even do all day? The important stuff is vanishing while we spend fortunes researching obsolete weapon systems. Egads.
73 de N3RHT