[AMRadio] Lost info?

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Apr 25 14:45:33 EDT 2014

Curious,

I have a couple of '80s optical discs.  They are still in excellent
shape.  The issue is finding a machine that will play them.

NASA hasn't been able to keep track of its recordings or records for
many decades.

Expecting NASA to be able to replicate going to the moon?  The
methodology of using a Saturn V is ludicrous in the technology that is
currently available.

The methods used for boosters on the Space Shuttle are far superior in
efficiency.  They are even reusable.  The Saturn V was a complete
throwaway.  Solid fuel does much better than the *very* toxic fuels used
in the Apollo Program.

The Apollo Program used hypergolic fuels.  These are those that are self
igniting.

A large part of society from that age *thought* the water sprayed on
launches was to cool the launch pad down.  Not so!  It was primarily for
sound reduction!

Could you imagine a "new" LEM that had a skin so thin that you could
easily poke a hole in its skin?  It indeed was.  *IF* we ever decide to

The USAF XB-37 currently in orbit has exceeded 400 days there.  It
returns classified data, and that is fine with me.  Some programs need
to be kept from prying eyes.

Watching the civilian program sending up supply vehicles is great! They
will eventually get one that will be certified for carrying humans.

Patience!  Nothing comes easy or free.

Bob - N0DGN