[AMRadio] Getting back on AM

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Aug 2 02:35:21 EDT 2014

I couldn't agree more!

I find the majority of AM operators are an entirely different breed of
individuals.

Yes, there are "some" exceptions, but exceptions are found in everything
people are involved in.

I indeed managed some 40mtr QSOs with a bunch of static, and weird band
fluctuations.

I had a little bit of rain, but nothing like the heavy storms South of me.

I'm trying to better understand all the gizmos and seemingly endless
number of buttons!  I pressed one, and the the VFO took off on
scanning.  Need to slap that finger!  Also paint THAT button some wild
color!

Trying to recover from pressing the wrong button is frustrating to this
old dog!  I am a honest to goodness computer nut that did it for years
as a SYSADMIN and many other positions.

Learning this is probably going to make me crazier than what I already
am!  That is saying some.

The nut that I am, I ran another run of RG-213, and added a 40 meter
Double Bazooka in the dark, and slight drizzle.  (Told you I am a nut case!)

I reached into Illinois, South of Chicago.  Not bad at all.  Then Radio
something Middle East lit up and blew away the entire 7.2+Mc.  Wish
they'd target THAT operation with a Drone!

I'll be listening for any familiar names, and calls.

Meantime, I'm having one of those nights when sleep isn't going to
happen.  Oh well.

Bob - N0DGN