[AMRadio] Headphones

Bill Guyger via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Tue Aug 26 10:02:51 EDT 2014

The Motorola headsets coaches are wearing are part of a Motorola wireless intercom system. When the system was first introduced to the NFL the thing operated in the 450 and / or 455 MHz broadcast RPU bands. Needless to say that caused a flap with broadcasters not being able to use legally assigned frequencies at sporting events. There were more than a few broadcast frequency coordinators that said FU and walked out....

Bill AD5OL

Sent from my iPhone