[AMRadio] Crystals

David Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 13 19:59:00 EST 2014

Both Jims.....hahahah

73

David Harmon
K6XYZ
Sperry, OK

-----Original Message-----
From: AMRadio [mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim
Wilhite
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 6:57 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Crystals

My contact with them was about 6 or 8 months ago  so it is fairly recent.

As for the crystals they do not manufacture the FT-243 but will supply the
HC-6 with pins to fit the 243 applications.  They will make anything you
want, for a price.  In the case of the Collins 100 Kc crystal they gear up
and make so many then sell from stock, based on previous sales.  The HC-6
will stand quite a bit of current, I forget exactly how much, but more than
the small crystals.

In cases like this it is best to call to inquire.  I am not sure how many of
what they make but the owner is related to ham radio and tries to help as
much as he can.

Jim
W5JO