[AMRadio] Help with Baur 707 transitter

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Sun Dec 28 16:17:14 EST 2014

Don,
 This page will help you calculate your turns based on physical properties : Inductance Calculation

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Inductance CalculationSingle-layer Coil Inductance and Q  |
|  |
| View on www.qsl.net | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

  Is the tank circuit coming off the 6ac7 parallel ?  What is the value of the capacitor ? Is it fixed or variable ?  Formulas for the resonant circuits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_circuit#Series_LC_circuit

  Do you have an RF generator ?  If so you can wire that across your tuned circuit and use your oscilloscope as an indicator.  Impedance across a parallel tuned circuit will be high.Add turns till you get your resonance.
In lieu of the generator, does the manual indicate what should be the current through the 6ac7 while adjusting the coil ?  You could add turns till you get correct value.
At least you have the internet !
good luck
de KA4JVY
Mark