[AMRadio] Audio Driver Transformer advice

Paul Baldock paul at paulbaldock.com
Mon Dec 29 18:59:34 EST 2014

I'm building a modulator with 2 x 813's in pushpull (strapped as
triodes) driven by a 20W Solid State audio amplifier. I need a driver
transformer to go between the 813 grids and the 20W amp. The 20W amp
can drive about 20V peak to peak. I think I need about 200V peak to
peak for the 813's, so a 10:1 turns ratio ratio would be about right.
So based on that an audio transformer designed to go from 600Ohms
center tapped to 4 or 8 ohms would probably do the job. Have I got
the math right? Does something like this exist?

Thanks

Paul

---