[AMRadio] DX 100 crystals

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 19:54:25 EST 2014

May not be what you want to hear but genuine FT243s are pretty hard to
find, especially for the desirable frequencies.  you can get fake
ones, HC6 rocks mounted in a FT243 holder but no-telling how they'll
hold up in the dx100.  I'd work on getting the rig's VFO or some other
oscillator source, stable and forget about the rocks.  Besides, you
want some flexibility.

FT243s are yet another item on the way to being unobtainium and no one
saw it coming back in the days when there were tables at hamfests with
thousands of them for sale to novices.

73

Rob
K5UJ