[AMRadio] Tube ID

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Feb 23 12:06:19 EST 2014

Thank you Larry, Rob and Kim,

I read about some examples on the net that Kim found but they all were the
octal base.  I also found a data log but they did not have a spec sheet or
picture on the OC2.

The deal is the tube was in the regulator circuit in an NC 183D that I
bought last week.  The specs for the receiver calls for the OB2 which is a
105 V regulator.  In all my years I have never run across the OC2 in the
miniature envelope which is the one you mention.  I am not sure if someone
before me wanted to run the regulated voltage at 75 or they didn't have an
OB2 so they just installed the OC2.

In any case thanks for the information guys.  I recall reading an article
about the color of the regulator tubes and which type of gas causes the
color but could not find it.  There is a lot of that type of information on
guitar and audio sites but they don't have the spec sheets posted.

73

Jim
W5JO