[AMRadio] Viking Ranger problem-problem fixed

Robert Sauvan rsauvan at beyondbb.com
Sat Jan 4 20:24:09 EST 2014

Hi all,
I believe I have found the problem with my Ranger keying itself. I gotta
thank Jim W4ENE for providing the schematics with voltages and his
expertise on troubleshooting my problem. He hit the nail right on the
head with cap C86 being the culprit. It was sporadic but I finally just
replaced it and problem solved. My voltages were way off of the specs he
had provided but now everything seems to be right on track. I also had a
lot of help from Barry AA4EV who just lives a block away and has the
test equipment to get things figured out. Many thanks to all for their
suggesations and in particular Jim W4ENE.

Thanks agasin-Bob-W0YBS