[AMRadio] Viking Ranger problem-problem fixed


Ross Stenberg k9cox at charter.net
Sat Jan 4 20:46:59 EST 2014


Problem solved by a computer program without the use of vacuum tubes (and a 
smart guy that knows how to use LTspice)!

    73 Ross K9COX

-----Original Message----- 
From: Robert Sauvan
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 7:24 PM
To: amradio at mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Viking Ranger problem-problem fixed

Hi all,
I believe I have found the problem with my Ranger keying itself. I gotta
thank Jim W4ENE for providing the schematics with voltages and his
expertise on troubleshooting my problem. He hit the nail right on the
head with cap C86 being the culprit. It was sporadic but I finally just
replaced it and problem solved. My voltages were way off of the specs he
had provided but now everything seems to be right on track. I also had a
lot of help from Barry AA4EV who just lives a block away and has the
test equipment to get things figured out. Many thanks to all for their
suggesations and in particular Jim W4ENE.

Thanks agasin-Bob-W0YBS



More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 22 Nov 2017.