[AMRadio] Paint Filler

Jerry jsternmd at att.net
Mon Jan 6 10:16:03 EST 2014

Hi,

I use the lacquer sticks as well.  One comment on the bakelite knobs as my
wife is an expert bakelite collector.  True bakelite or catalin has no
"filler" it should be bakelite through and through as I believe Dakaware
knobs are made.  It would have been a difficult and expensive process to
apply bakelite over a sawdust filler.  There are lots of bakelite polishes
available the best (also used for testing if bakelite) is simechrome brand.
I can take any Dakaware knob and polish it to any grade of luster usually
with elbow grease sometimes a dremel buffer wheel.   I think one problem is
that bakelite was replaced for knobs around the 1950-1960's so many later
knobs were made of a duller non-bakelite plastic and given a paint coat for
final luster.

Jerry
K1JOS