[AMRadio] Soft muting a BC348

Meir WF2U wf2u at ws19ops.com
Wed Jan 8 18:03:38 EST 2014

Charlie,

Simply from the BC-375 and insert an SPST switch in parallel with the muting
relay control wires. When you want the BC-348 on, you close the switch (the
transmitter relay opens the relay in the BC-348 for muting in transmit).
When you zero beat the transmitter to the receiver, you'll have to turn the
rx gain control way down to prevent overload, but it works. I use the same
method with the ART-13 and either the BC-348 or the R-105/ARR-15; both have
the same muting control and sidetone connection (for AM) to the transmitter.

In the AN/ARC-8 configuration of the ART-13 and BC-348 the interconnect
wiring calls for such a switch.

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC