[AMRadio] Cable splitters for receivers

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 17:26:27 EST 2014

On 01/12/2014 04:02 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> This seems like a Big Problem that shouldn't be.    Why can't the
> person with the multiple receivers simply get an old B&W coax switch
> or mount a bunch of UHF jacks on a project box, add a single pole
> multi-throw rotary switch and wire it to switch a line to one of
> several UHF jacks.   How hard is it to switch the feed to the rx you
> want to use?

Even using 2 receivers can be a sort of 'diversity' reception thing.

This involves 2 receivers being fed RF at the same time.

Typically, I would feed one a horizontal antenna, and the other a vertical.

Feed both receiver audio outputs into a small mixer, and play audio from
both into one speaker.

You -could- leave them intact, 2 receivers, 2 speakers, different
polarized antennas and listen to the phase wave swish though your head...

-Geoff/W5OMR