[AMRadio] receiver input Z

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 18 07:10:19 EST 2014

 I always assumed that when using two receivers, one was using a 50 Ohm or
so antenna as well.   Unless there is a very well designed and constructed
log periodic or some really strange fractle It is not going to be close. The
entire issue seems  a little questionable as almost all receivers perform
well with just a 30 foot or more wire hung in a tree or what ever.   I did
that for years with low power.

In any case, I feel pretty good today and in spite of the cold here 10  F
will make a good effort to go out and measure the r390a, 74A4 and perhaps
the 75 A2 .  will try both on and off. suspect it will be the same and the
electron cloud will have minimal effect.  I believe both the A4 And A2 rxs
have a so called 300 Ohm balance pair that is just the same coil as the 50
Ohm. I am sure the HRO does also.   Bernie W8RPW