[AMRadio] US House Bill Requires HOAs comply with PRB-1

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 14:12:56 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM, rbethman <rbethman at comcast.net> wrote:
> I know of at *least* one HOA that *still* won't tolerate satellite TV
> dishes!

There's lots of that.  They either don't know about the FCC, or they
know but hope you don't, or they'll keep the policy until someone
calls them on it with a lawsuit.

There's actually hams who LIKE HOAs.  I think that's another sign of a
bogus phoney ham right there.

There was some guy in Arizona who posted on eham.net that he liked
HOAs.  I checked out his QRZ page.  A shack of plastic radios and his
antenna is.....a teeny mobile screw driver whip antenna outside on the
ground with a bunch of radials.   Probably a 20 minute transmission
with a BC610 on phone would melt that screwdriver coil form.   No word
about how well his radio reception is.  I'd think a screwdriver
vertical would stink for receiving, especially on the low bands.

Here we are on the July 4th Holiday weekend when we celebrate "Life
Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" and we fought how many wars over
Liberty? and some folks will just pee it all away signing a HOA
contract... pretty sad in my opinion.

73

Rob
K5UJ