[AMRadio] US House Bill Requires HOAs comply with PRB-1

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 14:35:47 EDT 2014

On 7/5/2014 2:12 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM, rbethman <rbethman at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I know of at *least* one HOA that *still* won't tolerate satellite TV
>> dishes!
> There's lots of that.  They either don't know about the FCC, or they
> know but hope you don't, or they'll keep the policy until someone
> calls them on it with a lawsuit.
>
> There's actually hams who LIKE HOAs.  I think that's another sign of a
> bogus phoney ham right there.
>
> There was some guy in Arizona who posted on eham.net that he liked
> HOAs.  I checked out his QRZ page.  A shack of plastic radios and his
> antenna is.....a teeny mobile screw driver whip antenna outside on the
> ground with a bunch of radials.   Probably a 20 minute transmission
> with a BC610 on phone would melt that screwdriver coil form.   No word
> about how well his radio reception is.  I'd think a screwdriver
> vertical would stink for receiving, especially on the low bands.
>
> Here we are on the July 4th Holiday weekend when we celebrate "Life
> Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" and we fought how many wars over
> Liberty? and some folks will just pee it all away signing a HOA
> contract... pretty sad in my opinion.
>
> 73
>
> Rob
> K5UJ
This one is so far off the end, they dictated that the McDonalds
franchise open with all "earth tones" in lieu of the normal colors.
McDonalds didn't win their battle either!

There are two particular neighborhoods within about 12 miles from me
that ARE like that!  One won't even allow the kids to have a basketball
goal "visible", nor would it let the residents decorate their mailboxes
to match the Holiday Season.

I made sure when I retired from Uncle Sam that I bought a home with NO
HOAs or covenants!

My son is in one in Georgia.  They blasted him for his son's car leaking
oil on the driveway.

This garbage has to go!  Let them go create a dictator neighborhood
floating out at sea!

Bob - N0DGN