[AMRadio] US House Bill Requires HOAs comply with PRB-1

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sat Jul 5 14:55:23 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-05, at 2:48 PM, rbethman wrote:

> On 7/5/2014 2:40 PM, Eddy Swynar wrote:
>> These insidious HOAs exist primarily because we were stupid enough to have agreed to them...
>>
>> */~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ/*
> I've NEVER agreed to such nonsense.....
>
> I signed a blank check to Uncle Sam when I began my career.
>
> Even Uncle Sam didn't have issues like these!
>
> My antenna farms followed me around!
>
> I even was allowed to put them up overseas.
>
> NO neighborhood will EVER get a blank check from me!  I haven't found one worthy yet!
>
> Bob - N0DGN

Hi Bob,

I wholeheartedly agree with you...in fact, we've made a coupla moves here since I became licensed some 43 years ago, & in each instance that's the FIRST thing I ask, i.e. ARE THERE COVENANTS OF ANY KIND HERE...?

I just can NOT imagine forking over six figures for a dream home, yet leaving an avenue of "THOU SHALL NOT..." open for me to have to abide by. No way. It's my place, I paid for it, I pay for the taxes, I maintain it---what right does anyone have to come & tell me that I can't put up an antenna ON MY PLACE...?!

They can all go straight to U-NO-WHERE as far as I'm concerned...and they should MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, too.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ