[AMRadio] US House Bill Requires HOAs comply with PRB-1

L L bahr pulsarxp at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 5 18:00:02 EDT 2014

A friend of mine was cited twice.  Once because he put a bird bath in his side yard without approval.  Another time he got one because they felt he left his garage door open too long.

I hate them too, however in Texas they are almost a necessity as there are no or few city building codes or ordinances.  You surely don't want to build a $500,000 house in a subdivision and have a person bring in a double wide trailer to be your neighbor either.  I'm having an antenna problem right now in my neighborhood.  I had a tower approved but didn't put it up.  In the meantime my neighbor who is on the architectural committee didn't like the approval so they illegally passed a regulation you have 6 months or need new approval if you don't follow through with the initial approval.  I argued I am grandfathered and have no time restriction.  In about two weeks I'll be putting up the tower. The association is honoring my grandfathering, but my neighbor told me he never plans to talk to me again. I guess that is the way it will have to be.  The idea of associations is a good one, however, you have people put on these committees with their own agendas or have lack of knowledge or don't have good judgment abilities.  Then as the committee members change, so do the standards.  There is no checks or balances or standards who gets on these boards or committees.
Lee, w0vt