Jay Bromley jayw5jay at cox.net
Mon Jul 7 15:23:19 EDT 2014

HI Darrell,
I think there have been a few studies and court cases on this, which never
found towers and wires to devalue a home or neighborhood.  Maybe you are
thinking of different stuff that might affect the property value?  There are
many towers near here in my neighborhood and the houses around them continue
to go on the market and sell over and over again.  Maybe it is from all the
RFI, hi.

Darrell sorry I forget your antenna system, did they allow you to put up a
tower there?  What did you have to do for permission?

The requirements with my local HOA continue to change over the years.  In
the old days one would ask permission and then they would contact the
surrounding neighbors.  When I put up my tower they had me go to the
surrounding neighbors asking them to sign a piece of paper saying it was OK.
I had one neighbor that was trouble, but in the end he even signed it as I
was on full go.  All of them seemed reluctant to sign anything legal
looking.  Now the HOA don't seem to even care as another ham just inquired
one street over from here and didn't require him to do anything!

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see junk cars scattered around or trash
on the lawn, but a nice tower and wire antennas is not an eyesore to me.
Antennas are just necessary for ham radio.  Funny when a town gets blown
away like a few of them did here, their attitudes seem to change about
antennas and ham radio.  Just ask Brian about Mayflower, AR.

BTW this has nothing to do with antennas, but show how far extreme we are
going to this political correctness.  Last year I got busted for my riding
mower which has three cutting blades blowing grass clippings into the
street.  Something I see most lawn care professionals doing all the time
with leaf blowers!  The informant was a lady up the street to this day I
don't know who she is.  It was 115 degrees outside and normally it takes me
a few hours to do the lawn work.  Being a diabetic and with herniated disk,
I just could go any more and went inside.  I do try to take great pride in
how my lawn looks and do my best.  Normally I do clean up the clippings,
however I wasn't feeling great that day and my wife even said do it another
day.  So I thought I would get to it the next few days.  When I got busted
for the said grass clippings, I asked what about the tree leaves and pine
needles, as they are more of an eye sore than my grass clippings!  Well I
was told that leaves and pine needles are dead material.  Well so was my
grass clippings, but there is an ordinance against grass, hi.  So I added a
mulching kit to the riding mower, which I had planned to do anyway.  I
thought about not picking up leaves that fall, but in the end did my deed
for the good of the surrounding hood!  :-)

73 de jay/w5jay..