[AMRadio] 2 cent ant opine

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Mon Jul 7 18:46:11 EDT 2014

"I work everything I hear!"  I'm sure you have heard that one when folks defend their antenna system, systems that many would say are marginal at best.  It works for them, makes them happy, and fine if  low band nets and occasional DX rings their bell.   The day they use a station with a good antenna system, learn that there are  more than 1 German or Italian stations on the air at the same time, and DX is hearing and working that 100 watter with a vertical somewhere deep in India,  if the antenna bug bites big, the HOA's and deed restrictions become a problem really quick.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC