[AMRadio] R-390A Help

W2XJ w2xj at w2xj.net
Mon Jul 7 20:12:52 EDT 2014

If google R390, several sites with schematics come up including QSL.net.

http://www.qsl.net/kh6grt/page4/r390aschematics/r390aschematics.htm

I once had several R390s and bought a manual that not only had schematics but history, different versions, mods and more. Almost can be found in the link above. The schematic posted shows a solid state replacement for the rectifier tubes ( page 7 ).

For hard to replace tubes, here is another link that covers several including the rectifiers.

 http://www.r-390a.net/faq-tubes.htm

Since that receiver is so modular, I would first isolate the power supply to see if the problem lies there. I would probably shotgun the whole supply anyway. The links above should give you all the information necessary to restore the receiver. One note, do not mess with the front end or the PTO unless there is an obvious problem. If so, then research those two items online before proceeding.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad