[AMRadio] Antenna issues.

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:32:20 EDT 2014

Jay, did I hear you on 10 meter CW yesterday?

I use a sling shot and lead fishing weight.  I get out in the street
in front of the house at daybreak on Sunday mornings when there is no
traffic and shoot nylon filament over the tree in the front yard to
use in pulling up dacron and a marine pulley.   Of course the pulley
holds a rope with one end on a counterweight and the other end going
to one end insulator on the 80 m. dipole.   My neighbor told me he
thought my 75 m. vertical was a flag pole.   One day his wife asked me
how I got that rope up over the tree.  They had company that weekend
and the visitors were curious.  They thought I climbed the tree!  It
is a thick dense pine tree.  I explained my trick with the slingshot.
To them it was clever but to me it was just regular ham procedure.

73

Rob
K5UJ