[AMRadio] Antenna issues.

Jay Bromley jayw5jay at cox.net
Mon Jul 7 21:20:52 EDT 2014

Hi Rob,
Yep that was me.

BTW, I build my own launcher from a tool dog training tool called a HyperDog
or some call it HyperDawg.  You can find them for less than $20 and you add
your reel to it.  It uses tennis balls and I add some pennies to the inside
for extra weight.  Just cut a small slice in the ball with a razor blade and
the pennies slide right in.  Use about 20 of them or just go with a solid
plastic ball, the old super balls work nice.  I know some guys think, hey if
it will launch a tennis ball that high, then a fishing lead weight must be
better!  However the larger tennis balls don't seem to hang up around tree
limbs.  And if you miss with the lead weight and hit your hand you are going
to the hospital.

Here are some links that might be of interests:
http://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Products-0001-4-Ball-Launcher/dp/B000E9757I  I
just add my fishing reel to the bottom of the ball rack with wire ties and
stainless steel cable clamps.
Just saw this one:  http://w4kaz.com/qth/?p=2367

The Hyper launcher doesn't require air and is quiet.  However the air cannon
is still the weapon of choice for the huge 100 foot plus trees.

What were you doing on 10m CW Rob?  :-)  73 de w5jay/jay..