[AMRadio] R390 rectifiers

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Mon Jul 7 22:04:44 EDT 2014

In reference to the tube rectifiers in the R390A, I have gone against the grain and replaced them with silicon diodes, along with installing a chassis mount 500 ohm resistor in series with the B+ out.  I would have to go look again since it has been years since I did that, but if  I remember correctly, B+ was coming out of the PS and running along the harness in the back and I just cut the leads and spliced the resistor in.  B+ is manual exact in my RX.  One of the Navy mods is replacing the tubes with diodes, so it does have some credibility.  It may have been a suggestion and not an official mod though, I know it is somewhere in my collection of R390A info and will probably show up with internet research on the RX.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC