[AMRadio] R-390A Help

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 07:35:09 EDT 2014

Bill,

There is one particular power chain failure that has become rather common.

Download the Y2K3 manual, and check the selenium rectifier right by the
power transformer.  (The link escapes my mind at the moment - due to a
shortage of coffee at this time of the morning.)

They smell like crap when they go.  They should be replaced by a diode
and dropping resistor.

They tend to let out the magic smoke, stink up the place, and do damage.

Join the R-390 qth.net group.  You'll get a lot of detailed help, and
the friendly group will assist you in tracking down the problem.

Bob - N0DGN