[AMRadio] Antenna issues.

Kevin Raper kj4hyd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:35:08 EDT 2014

On Jul 7, 2014, at 9:30 PM, Randall Berry wrote:

> I'm in an apartment and may have to secretly string a wire to the trees. I've got my slingshot and fishing reel ready, but I keep pondering the idea of asking the office first and hope they say yes, or just do it. I'd really hate to get evicted for putting up an antenna though.

The Apartment I lived in would not allow ANYTHING like an antenna on the Outside, so I strung up a G5RV in the Attic as well as a 2 Meter - 440 MHz J-Pole. In the Weekends when the land lady was not around, I would shoot a line up into a pig Pine Tree and hoist up my 6 Meter Slim Jim.

73,
Kevin Raper
KJ4HYD
CE WCKI WQIZ WLTQ

There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn