[AMRadio] Antenna issues.

K5MYJ macklinbob at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:24:51 EDT 2014

Bob,

On contest days I hear a lot. I have copied Russia, Japan, Scandinavia, and
the Caribbean. I can copy the Midwest and East Coast. But I hear very little
from the West Coast.

The Reverse Beacons work well for CW and RTTY. But I get the feeling we are
really seeing a lack of CW activity here on the West Coast.

I also believe the further north you go the worse things get.

The Northwest AM group went dormant several years ago. And the So Cal AM
group does not make it here to Seattle with a useable signal level.

Ten years ago the activity here was much better.

I just don't see new people entering HF here in the PNW. They are all into
2M repeaters and EMCOMM. Not what I think of as real ham radio.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.
"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"