[AMRadio] Vailant output

wb2ahk via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Tue Jul 8 11:46:04 EDT 2014

Ok guys,
  I first need to once again thank Dan WB5AFY  for  sending me the
Bandswitch i needed for my Valiant.  He sent it N/C  including shipping.   Everyone
please applaud this fine Amateur  for whom the fraternity should be so proud
of.
Afterwoods, I placed an ad here mentioning that i had parts  for the Viking
two which i am parting out and was able to help a happy ham with  the top
cabinet cover, n/c.     I have other Viking two  parts,  So if anyone has
needs send me an email.
Next, I wonder if anyone can assist me with the Valiant i am  working on.
The Bandswitch transplant went perfect and the Valiant  is now working on
all bands again .   The question is , the power  output varies considerably
from band to band.  The transmitter is  feeding a Cantenna, so  its 50 ohms
on all bands.   Is this a  normal condition?   I think not.
On 40 i  get easily the 150 watts output but on 75  and 160 i get 100 watts
, all at the recommended 330 mills plate current.  Would it be that the
taps on the Final tank coil are not  soldered in the right place???.    Any
Ideas??

P.S.   On 160 and 75  i can  get the 150 watts but the plate current is way
high.

                                                    Chet brown, Wb2ahk