[AMRadio] R-390A Help

W2EMN via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Tue Jul 8 14:00:59 EDT 2014

I replaced my ballast tube with a resistor 30 years ago (the internet hadn't been invented yet, and it was hard to find a spare 3TF7).  I've had no regrets, and a 40-50 ohm resistor is the simplest solution to the ballast problem.
The solid state replacement for the rectifiers is a well-documented Navy fix.
I'd bet on the filter caps being a problem, but the troubleshooting technique recommended sounds fine.