[AMRadio] Antenna issues.

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 18:51:16 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Jay Bromley <jayw5jay at cox.net> wrote:

> Where you using some of your latest receivers you have restored?

Sorry to say Jay but no, I was using a Kenwood receiver.  The tube
receivers would have performed, but I was lazy and in a hurry and
didn't want to fire one up.

I have yet to completely go through a ham receiver and align it.  I am
looking forward to it.

Randall Berry <randyn3lrx at gmail.com> wrote:

>How do you affix the pulley to the tree from the ground?

You attach the dacron to the fishing line and pull it up over the
tree.  when you have the dacron all the way up and over  you cut it
off the spool and tie a pulley on the cut end and loop the dacron
through the pulley with enough to go all the way up to the pulley at
full height and all the way down.  Then you go to the other side of
the tree and start pulling the pulley up as high as you want it, and
take the free end of the rope and tie it off on the trunk or a branch
so it won't let loose.  The tree will move around in the wind and
after 2 weeks you'll have to re-pull and re-tie the rope.

73

Rob
K5UJ