[AMRadio] Antennas

kb1hys via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Tue Jul 8 21:55:31 EDT 2014

Reality though.? The best antenna is the one you can put up.?? A lot of use, even with out HOA's and angry neighbors live in small city lots, getting that 3 element 40 meter yagi a half wave high is a might unreasonable.

If I can get a random wire up in a few trees, maybe a dipole on the ridgeline of the roof, well, that's a compromise, the compromise being I use a crappy antenna, or never get on the air.

Certainly build the best quality, real type antenna you can. but all antenna installations are compromises.? You just have to find a compromise you can live with.

73 es Good Luck

Ed/KB1HYS