[AMRadio] RX multicoupler

JAMES HANLON knjhanlon at msn.com
Wed Jul 23 12:42:08 EDT 2014

For more years than I care to think about, somewhere around 45, I have just put the inputs to two receivers in parallel across my antenna input and they seem to work just fine.  I have 12 receivers set up so that I can switch any one or two into service at a time.  One feeds my left headphone, and the other feeds my right headphone.  I don't notice any difference in sensitivity on weak signals when I'm running one receiver and then I switch in a second one.  Am I missing something?  Should I go looking for a multicoupler?

I run my receivers this way because I like to work the Classic Exchange, and I can listen to the receiver I'm using with one ear and tune in the next receiver in line for my next contact at the same time.

Jim, W8KGI