[AMRadio] W1AW/0 Missouri

Michael Marx sndtubes at vacuumtubes.com
Mon Jun 2 00:15:55 EDT 2014

Hey Guys,

As most of you probably know, the ARRL Centennial Celebration is going on all year long.  As part of that celebration, each state puts W1AW/X on the air for a week.  Here in Missouri, it’s W1AW/0 (of course).  I have been an operator in that all week long.  It’s been a blast.  I’ve made over 1000 CW contacts and about 400 SSB contacts so far.  The coordinator of the event asked if someone would put an AM station on the air for the event.  Apparently, I’m the only guy that operates AM, so I was “it”.  I’ve decided to put W1AW/0 on AM on Tuesday late afternoon/early evening.  My time slot is 2 hours long from 2200 to 0000 UTC.  That’s 5 to 7 PM CDT.  I have decided to divide it up between 80 and 40 meters.  Here is the schedule I’ve decided on:

2200-2259   (5 to 6 CDT)   on  3885 KHz
2300 - 0000  (6 to 7 CDT)  on 7290 KHz

Of course it will take me a couple of minutes to switch bands.  Unfortunately, all I have on the air at present for AM is either a 32V2 or Viking 2 at 100 watts.  So, some of you may not hear me.  I hope some of you will check in with me and rack up a Missouri QSO on AM.  There surely won’t be me many stations turning in points for AM contacts, so you can be one of the rare ones!

I hope you all enjoy it.  For those of you who don’t, it’s only for an hour on each band.

You can direct any questions to me at sndtubes at vacuumtubes.com

73
Mike WB0SND