[AMRadio] Transformer

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 15:07:55 EDT 2014

Unless I am mistaken, the problem I see with powering the VFO from the
transmitter is that the B+ swings a lot from no-load to transmit.
Maybe in the better rigs it is okay but in a cheap novice CW rig like
my Knight T-50, it goes from around 550 or 600 v. down to around 450
when the rig is keyed.  it seems to me that's a recipe for chirp if
you let the VFO free-run in transmit.   I think the EFJ 122 needs
around 300 v. + filament supply.   I have a nice one here but I plan
to run it off a separate regulated supply with a couple of 0A2 in
series.

Rob
K5UJ