[AMRadio] Dynamotor end bells

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Mon Jun 9 14:39:13 EDT 2014

This is a new one for me with dynamotors.  I picked up a DY8 dynamotor for the MD7 modulator and ran across a different way to attach the end bells.  While I have always seen screws in this application, this looks to have a permanent stud driven into the motor frame where screws would have gone, surrounded by what reminds me of a the male part of a snap for a jacket.  The center of this looks like lead and has an impression of 'ARC' in the end like a Roman stamping a wax seal with a signet ring.  Is this just a lead seal over the screw head or something else?  I know somebody might tell me to try the military site, but, after registering to join, never got the confirming email.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC