[AMRadio] Safety wire at a premium?

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Jun 9 18:13:31 EDT 2014

Actually, all aircraft installations use safety wire.

Whether it be a radio, engine, or otherwise.

It is ONE of MANY FAA things.  They were the CAB way back when.

Done a LOT of safety-wire installation *and* removal.

Still have a roll or two, and the bloody pliers/tool to use it.

Last use was in lieu of a turnbuckle setup on a screen door.  Cheap easy
fix!

Bob - N0DGN