[AMRadio] Safety wire at a premium?

w3slk at verizon.net w3slk at verizon.net
Mon Jun 9 18:21:50 EDT 2014

Nothing like a pair of twist pliers!

Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK

-----Original Message-----
From: rbethman
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 6:13 PM
To: amradio at mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Safety wire at a premium?

Actually, all aircraft installations use safety wire.

Whether it be a radio, engine, or otherwise.

It is ONE of MANY FAA things.  They were the CAB way back when.

Done a LOT of safety-wire installation *and* removal.

Still have a roll or two, and the bloody pliers/tool to use it.

Last use was in lieu of a turnbuckle setup on a screen door.  Cheap easy
fix!

Bob - N0DGN