[AMRadio] Safety wire at a premium?

C.L. Mitchell rsq14adam1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:56:31 EDT 2014

Not just airplane nuts.  I put a lot of safety wire on green land vehicles.  Kind of nice to keep antennas screwed on and such things as radio mount clamps from backing off when running through the boonies. [Also good for tying down canvas and holding bent transit case fasteners closed.]  Never did have a pair of pliers for the wire.  Guess the Army thought our general purpose 'lineman's' pliers would work.  They did, but would have been nice to have the ones that made it easy to twist the wire.  Still got a little spool; it was excess for an inspection and had to go.

Mitch,  K9PNP