[AMRadio] US House Bill Requires HOAs comply with PRB-1

Warren Elly w1gud4 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:58:28 EDT 2014

Rob-

The country has no stomach for the national government at this point... it will only be seen as another intrusion. I'm not saying don't send your letters, make your phone calls ETC ...but-

We need to deal with it on the local level, like here in incorporated areas like the city of Tampa where a team of hams lead by attorney Biff Craine K4LAW have won zoning rulings allowing up to 85 foot towers due to PRB-1. Years before Hillsborough county's commissioners heard our case and eliminated all limits on towers.

The covenants and HOAs are pipe dreams to overcome in my humble opinion... its a HUGE legal mountain to climb. I don't know of a single success, I'd love to hear about one, but either way...its a LOCAL issue...

Bully for you if you can get the business dominated bought and paid for state legislatures to give a damn. If you have the money to buy votes you might have a chance, but the home builders and neighborhood associations will undoubtedly have more. I seriously doubt the Illinois PRB-1 resolution has had any impact on HOAs and Covenants, love to hear otherwize.

And by the way, I've yet to find anywhere in my decades of moving around chasing broadcasting jobs where there was no place but HOA... that's hooey

And another thing... if you think ARRL will save you think again... any lobbyist / opponent worth their salt will know the league only represents 22 percent of the licensed amateurs... they have precious little standing when the push comes to shove. Someday, with new leadership, the league may finally realize it needs a low cost MEMBERSHIP only option, make the magazine optional, and get the great majority of hams represented by ARRL, so an NRA like campaign can be mounted on these issues.

Remember... politics is local... going to congress is a fools pursuit...especially these days when its all about money... do you think the NRA isn't doing pay to play??? Check the campaign finance reports...although most of them money is packaged in PACs that report nothing to the public...

I'm not sitting back and predicting doom... I'm urging people to deal with city hall and the county commission...go local

73, Warren W1GUD