[AMRadio] Visual on T1

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Sat Jun 28 18:11:27 EDT 2014

I have inherited the repair of a Collins 75S-3B with a W7FG manual.  The problem lies with T1 the antenna coil, which was broken, and epoxied back together by a previous hack.  The best I can tell is that the input side of the coil, now under a nice layer of clear epoxy, has one end of the coil, either the hot or ground, don't know, cut, but the two wires coming out of the epoxy go to where they should.  The question is, does the input coil consist of 3 turns of enameled wire around the large part of the form, then after the 3 turns the enameled wire coil ends are twisted together to run to the terminal strip where they are separated and one end goes to the antenna coax, the other to ground?  Is the phenolic donut on the end of the coil form just to hold the input side coil, or is there something hidden inside of it, more input turns, or what?  I do not have access to the Collins Collectors group.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC