[AMRadio] Small Parts Source

GRANT YOUNGMAN nq5t at tx.rr.com
Sat May 3 19:42:06 EDT 2014

On May 3, 2014, at 5:48 PM, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> what's it cost to ship a single resistor?
>
> Rob
> K5UJ

Too much, unless there’s no other source and you absolutely positively have to have whatever it is :)   I’ve probably done it, chalking off the $7 or whatever shipping charge to the desire to just get on with it if I couldn’t find the part at Tanners.

Mouser is an excellent resource, though, in general, and I can’t think of a single instance where I had to buy more than one of anything.  And there’s no minimum order.   I must have at least one box a week show up from them.  And if you’re in DF/W,  like I am, “standard” UPS is effectively overnight — I’ve placed on-line orders as late as 8 or so at night, and they still show up the next afternoon.

Grant NQ5T