[AMRadio] Museum collection of historic radio equipment about to be dumped. Can it be saved?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:19:54 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Jerry Proc <jerry.proc at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>

> You have hit the nail bang on the head.
>
> The collection has a substantial early Canadian broadcast component so the
> first objective would be to "keep it here".

I'm sure I speak for many when I wish you folks the best of luck in
resolving this matter, Jerry. You personally have done so, so much to
preserve Canada's radio heritage through your efforts with HMCS Haida and
other endeavors. No doubt there are others who, once aware of the
situation, will step up to offer aid in one way or another. Even if it's
something as simple as longer term storage until other arrangements can be
made.

If Fred were still with us it wouldn't surprise me if he simply added
another wing to house this collection. He was certainly that kind of guy
and especially aware of the need to preserve Canada's radio history.

Looking forward to a happy outcome -

~ Todd/KAQ