[AMRadio] mo'- xtals

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Fri May 30 17:13:04 EDT 2014

On 5/30/2014 4:05 PM, Robert Rode wrote:
> you guys are probably right about xtals and current,...those I used were from old tube tv sets, worked ok, but never gave it a thot about new type solid state tv's

Those small HC-6/U crystals have worked fine in every kind of "modern"
low-power tube oscillator circuit I've tried them in. Just be mindful of
the amount of feedback, thus the amount of current being put thru the
crystal.    A small lamp in series would provide current limiting and an
indication of crystal current.

73, Bob W9RAN