[AMRadio] Swan and Siltronix

Robert w4rl at bellsouth.net
Fri May 30 20:19:18 EDT 2014

I wonder who at Swan made the decision to produce that CB/10 Meter combo
transceiver.  And when was it?  As when the "all which'ah'what was
breaking loose at the FCC's Amateur Rule making Division" with the
reclassification of ham licenses?  Maybe good intentions by Swan to grow
the ham ranks (and of course company profits) but that model backfired
per hams with many of the CB'ers purchasing them for SSB and 'kicking it
up a notch or two in frequency'.  For that matter, did the 10/11 even
have a CW position?

73 Robert W4RL Pensacola